I love baking and experimenting with baking. I have so many recipes that I have found or created over the years that I love. But I have always struggled with the basic Chocolate Chip Cookie. I have gone back and forth between recipes and have never really been completely satisfied. Some were too flat, others too cakey. Finally I found a recipe that is perfect!! You will want to make these ASAP.
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (I usually use 3/4 a bag)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Soften butter in microwave (as shown here)
- Beat sugars with softened butter until smooth
- Add vanilla and egg to mixture and mix until smooth
- In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients
- Add mixed dry ingredients to wet ingredient mixture.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips!
- Form dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on a un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 6-12 minutes (varies with different ovens)
- Watch for a very slight browning of edges (they wont look done when you take them out of the oven)
- Cool on a cooling rack