I remember the first time I saw a Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe on Pinterest . I honestly thought, “that sounds gross”. Since then, I’ve really opened up to trying more healthy options when it comes to food (even if they sound weird). I was still slightly nervous to try the cauliflower crust out, but I’m happy to say it was delicious!! This is just a basic recipe, you could add so many different toppings. Options are endless 🙂
+2 1/2 cups grated cauliflower
+1 large egg
+1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
+2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
+salt and pepper
+1/4 cup tomato sauce
+1 C grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
+2 minced garlic cloves
+ Basil leaves for garnish
- Grate the cauliflower into small crumbles and then microwave them for 7-8 minutes so they are soft. (let it cool a little before moving on)
- Add the egg, 1 C mozzarella, 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take the mixture and pat it (I used a spoon) into a round.
- Bake at 425ºF for 10-15 minutes (the edges will be golden brown)
- Top the pizza with tomato sauce (I mixed the garlic with the sauce), remaining mozzarella and grape tomatoes. Bake it for 10 more minutes and then top with basil.