Ok, this recipe is AMAZING!!!
I’ve always been a lover of cheesecake. I mean who isn’t?
And although cheesecake is usually gluten free minus the crust, I wanted to find a gluten free alternative that was also super healthy! This creation is the result!
One serving is only 160 calories and has 11g of protein!
1/2 C Almond Meal/Almond Flour
1/2 C Shredded dried coconut (sweetened)
2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 egg white
1 C Low-fat Cottage Cheese
1 C 0% Greek Yogurt
1/4 C low-fat cream cheese
1 Scoop vanilla whey protein
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 C truvia sweetener (sugar can be substituted for a less healthy option)
- Mix almond meal, shredded coconut and coconut oil and press into the bottom of a pie dish.
- Bake crust for 5-10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour filling over cooled crust and bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Let cool on the counter for 10 minutes then cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into 10 slices, top with fruit and enjoy!